Jul 12, 2014

Painting of Penny

We've restarted our little figure painting group at Weta, here's what I did on Saturday, 4 hours. It looks a bit different because I was painting over an existing, dried impasto painting that created a rough surface. Not as easy to add chiseled strokes when you've got a rough surface there already. Good to mix up technique.

Also a photo of the sweet space we've been leant to use. You can see a great view of Wellington and the airport, and BOTH sides of the peninsula. Small town!



3 comments:

Greg Broadmore said...

Wonderful! I love the colours in your portraits.
The values are perfect too.
Are you impressed that it sounds like I know what I'm talking about?

Unknown said...

it done well and beautiful
Inflow Comm Shoretel Tech Support

Look at Shoretel Support said...

This painting is one of much appreciated.